Ten Questions You May ask About Our Transmission Rebuilding Classes
1. What will I learn about transmissions? You will learn how to disassemble and assemble a transmission.
2. How long is this training class? One - two years, the length of the training is based on each individual's skill level, but the goal is to get the trainees qualified to work full-time in the transmission warehouse.
3. Will I be a certified transmission rebuilder after completing the training classes in Waldorf, MD? No, you do not need to be certified to rebuild a transmission, but after you are a full time employee of Transmission Warehouse you have two years to take your ASE certification test.
4. Why is this training program better than other trade schools in the area? When you complete our transmission rebuilding training classes, you can get a full-time or part-time job in our transmission warehouse. I attended Lincoln Tech Institute, and when I graduated, I had to find my own job, cleaning up a transmission shop. Most auto trade schools only introduce you to the automotive field, and we do in-depth, hands-on training.
5. Do you need any transmission experience? The only thing you need to be is focused and interested in rebuilding a transmission, and we will teach you the rest.
6. Do I have time for these training classes? You can have a full-time job, and the training class is only one night a week for four hours on Thursday nights.
7. Can I afford the classes? We have an affordable price of $150.00 a month. When you learn how to rebuild a transmission, you can qualify for the paid internship program, where you get paid to rebuild one to three transmissions a week, and we do offer a payment plan.
8. Will I be getting greasy during these training classes? No, you will not work on any vehicles at all at the transmission warehouse, you might work around some transmission fluid disassembling a transmission, but when reassembling a transmission, all the parts are clean.
9. When I get to be an experienced rebuilder, how much can I make? An experienced rebuilder makes about $1500.00 to $2000.00 a week.
10. When I finish my training classes, can I find a job somewhere else? Most likely not. Many of the dealerships and transmission shops are ordering remanufactured transmissions from the west coast, and the goal is that you work for us! We are the only in-house transmission rebuilding warehouse on the east coast.